Is it possible to add my Windows XP SP2 Firewall on the protection lists of PG?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by sweater, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just wondering then if it's possible to add my built-in windows firewall into the protection lists of PG... so that it can't be modified or disabled by malwares or trojans? o_O

Pls, kindly elaborate and detail this thing. :rolleyes:

[MOVE]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!![/MOVE]

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

LOL. I don't think its possible at all. You may want to consider using a router or a third-party software firewall instead of the built-in windows firewall.
    Also, adding it to the list seems impossible and even IF you could, I guess it could still be modified via the registry settings.
    A third-party software firewall can be added to the PG protection list, but no guarantee the firewall wont get terminated. A software conflict can just terminate the firewall's service, if the firewall runs as a service.

3. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

You can do it by adding alg.exe located in the system32 folder.

HTH

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

It should be added if you used learning mode.

The main problem with Windows firewall is if you use an Admin account, anyone can come along and run "netsh" and change firewall settings. Surely this is limited to admins, but it would be a good program to BLOCK by default in the security tab.

To do so, simply run NETSH and click always, then block. If you ever need it (doubtful!) then you can remove it from the list and just click permit to allow once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.