is it ok to turn off windows auto updates if i have nod32's update warning system on?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by imdb, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imdb

imdb Registered Member

the title says it all
    thanks ya

2. er34

er34 Guest

You can se Windows Updates to just check and notify you. NOD32 will not automatically install updates for you - it will do the same as Windows.

I would keep Windows one.

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks buddy, but that's already how it is, updates are set to notify, not to install automatically.
    that's why i asked if it's ok to turn off windows automatic updates completely.
    if i do that, will nod32 still warn me about updates, or it just uses windows' integrated update warning feature?
    it s ok for me to install updates manually.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Nod will definitely notify you of missing updates. Been there, done that. :D

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Do not disable Windows automatic updates.

You may disable ESET System Update notifications, if you don't want your A/V software telling you to update your operating system.

6. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks silja, but on the contrary, i want nod32 to warn me instead of having windows itself warning me in order to prevent windows update service from running every time i start my pc.

@ronjor:
    thanks ronjor, that's what i wanted to know.

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

IMHO you don't need to do either. We know when patch Tuesday comes so just mark it on your iphone or calender.

8. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks, escalader.
    but i don't want another thing to mark in my calendar. think i'll stick w/ nod32's warning system on.

9. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Your call! Your setup! :thumb:

10. er34

er34 Guest

Your setup and your wish. However, I am not sure how NOD32 update check works - it might utilize Windows Update service and disabling the Windows update service will cause NOD32 also not to notify you.

Also -> note that turning off Windows Automatic updates or Windows automatic updates notification is completely different from disabling Windows Update service.

// I'll stop posting in this thread - you have already made your decision //

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.