Is it a one-time purchase price of $39?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Bizadi, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

I am considering replacing my Sygate Personal fw with LnS but I can't tell if the single unit price of $39 is annual or permanent. Also, can I d/l LnS for a trial and keep Sygate installed but disabled (off)?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

This is not an annual price but a one-off purchase price UNTIL a major upgrade is released. Then users will need to pay a little more if they want to upgrade.

At the present time I have used LNS for nearly 3 years and have only paid the initial price; excellent value for money compared to other firewalls!

I would recommend uninstalling Sygate before installing LNS. This is the general advice given when testing different firewalls.

3. Bizadi

Bizadi Registered Member

Thanks for the info. & please check your PM. Is it really necessary to uninstall Sygate while trialling LnS? Disabled wouldn't be good enough? I'm only asking because my connection is dialup and if I decide to go back to Sygate I will need to find it first (as Symantec has purchased it) and then re-d/l it. Bit of a pain.

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

You could try disabling Sygate, but as I mentioned, IME, it would be better to uninstall it.

If you cannot find the original download on your hard drive, then you could can obtain a copy from this site.

It's about 9MB, so use a Download manager or ask a friend with a faster connection to download it for you!

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Disabling Sygate worked fine for me though Sygate will quickly detect Look N Stops driver. You may get a prompt to OK it. That was my experience. Still though, uninstalling is pretty much always the safe way to go...:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.