Is it a Bug in latest version?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fzxbeetle, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fzxbeetle

fzxbeetle Registered Member

I just got one new virus(download by myself in zip fomat) in my Computer. Then I unzip it, Nod32 did its job and tell me "new_pe virus", I check that in online scaner like virus total. I forgot the name coz it happened yesterday.

What I mean here is this virus is caught by AH(I think so). What I mean bug is When I close AMON, Then unzip it again. And I enable Amon then, What happen?
    I open the directory,Amon tell nothing!(I did open AH and scan all). I just thought if i clicked it, AMON should tell me. In fact not. Then I execute it then what? Amon tell me nothing and that virus(should be trojan.downloader can't remember now). And that exe show in my task manager :eek: that downloader modified my registry and download a virus which nod32 caught later. I just disappoint what Nod32 did. What I can do yesterday is use some other AT and KAV clean my system and modified my start item(in registry) manually.

Can Nod32 experts did that test? I mean when the virus is found by AH. Otherwise it works perfect! I clean that virus yesterday so I can not do it again but I did test it twice yesterday. Is is anything wrong in nod32 or my mistakes?

Regards

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you actually used the NOD32 on-demand scanner with Advanced heuristics and Runtime packers on? Note that AMON uses Advanced heuristics only for newly created files which are moved to Quarantine automatically by default to prevent their execution.

3. fzxbeetle

That is it. I never use on demand scanner. And the virus is already exist in my hdd. What you mean is AMON AH will not check that even I execute it? So how nod AMON keep me safty when virus is in my hdd which can only detect by AH?
    Thank you.

4. fzxbeetle

In some situation when someone close AMON by negligent and I don't know.
    At that period, the new virus which can detected by AH stay in my hdd. Then I can be infected :eek: Is it correct?

Well, I like AH in nod but i think it should works in anytime not only new create file. Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.