Is having NOD32 an advantage?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MusicAddict911, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Registered Member

As recommended by a friend, I was previously using AVG Free Edition so I purchased a one year license to NOD32 this morning and downloaded the software, configuring it as to the settings posted in a sticky in the forum.

But does NOD32 really provide as good antivirus protection as ESET hypes it up to do? Is it worth paying for, because if not I won't renew next year.

Thanks.

2. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Its the best one in my opinion. I have ran most all of them recently and only one came close in the performance department. It was Avira but it did not scan inside archives with the real time monitor like NOD 32's AMON does for me. No wonder it was light as a feather. I am back with NOD32 probably forever now. I have tried the rest, I'll stick with the best.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

This site might interest you: http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Also you shouldve just trialed NOD32 first. That way you could evaluate on your computer before purchasing it.

I personally think NOD32 is a great antivirus. Its light, scans fast, and certainly better than AVG free.

4. MusicAddict911

It seems to popup a little dialog box in the lower right-hand corner whenever I'm loading webpages or something says it's downloading whatever at 4kb/s.

I'm on dialup too.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the answer to your question, is yes. You now have to have a little faith in the answer.;)

6. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Well, I have searched/researched all the "free" AV solutions available since 1995. Eset might not be the best, but you will search until your fingers fall off untill you find a better solution for base-line control. If you are looking for the total "best", it does not exist yet. "Life" will keep this from ever taking place, I posit.

Nod32 is about as good as it gets. I'll let others pile on now! :D

I live behind only NOD32, and, am so glad it exists! None Better! :D

Quiet, fast, small, complete! What do you want? :doubt:

I paid for my license, and, I will pay for its' re-authorization when this one runs out! "No Problemo!"
    Right now, these NOD32-People do know what they are doing. They do whatever so very will. Trust them. They keep you (and me) clean.
    Is not "clean" what we all search for?
    Best,
    Duncan

7. NNard

NNard Registered Member

I have tried many AV's and I must say that from personal experience nothing comes remotely close to the awesomeness of NOD. Its advanced heuristics and light footprint make it an absolute must to any user who is serious about security.

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I second that - I'm sure that you will get a LOT of similar opinions here. Many of us believed so much in the nod32 solution enough to become reseller! ;)

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is IMON - the internet protection , which is set to Higher efficency level . Since you are on the slow dial up connection , you'd better turn to Higher compatibility

Open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications are set on Higher compatibility ; change the compatibility level by once clicking on it.

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

Confirm with OK and Hide the Control Center ;)

10. MusicAddict911

Why would I want to switch to higher compatibility because I'm on dialup? :/

11. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

It will make your internet connection appear a lot faster whilst surfing. I wont explain how it all works - HiTech_Boy could probably do a better job of explaining :thumb:

Besides, AMON will pick up anything bad - should an infection be attempted. You are safe. :)

12. MusicAddict911

Honestly I don't see a huge difference in speeds of anything loading with maximum efficiency versus before I installed NOD32.

13. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Is this a seed to troll? This is a hangout of Eset users...asking if their preferred antivirus product is good/better will naturally yield a higher percentage of "Yes it's great" replies.

"Is having NOD32 an advantage?" Advantage to "what"? It is one of the better antivirus products out there..along with Kaspersky, BitDefender, Antivir/Avira, etc. Having one of the better products, along with other common sense products and computer use...gives you an advantage over others who don't.

14. MusicAddict911

So I'm a troll because I ask whether or not NOD32 is good?

15. ugly

ugly Registered Member

You didn't get the idea.:ninja:
    Go and ask in avira forum if antivir is good or in kaspersky forum if KAV is good , etc ...
    You will get the same answer...

16. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You did it yourself , The_Duality :thumb:

18. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I aim to please! :)

19. sdmaley

sdmaley Registered Member

Nothing can catch everything, but in the years I've run both NOD32 and Norton/Symantec (on different computers), NOD32 has never let a virus slip by it, though it did happen once with NIS 2006...

AlterGeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.