Is Good Combination ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by New here, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New here

New here Guest

Hi,

I am new here and like to know if the Combination of:

McAfee Enterprise 8i and Trojan Hunter with Zone Alarm would be at good security program ? I don't know if Mcafee 8i is at good program to detect trojans and worms ? KAV is good but take many resources in my system and I had read good comments of McAfee or other Good combination ?

Thank you,

2. hbkh

hbkh Registered Member

IMHO, its one of the best, only senond to KAV. :)

hbkh

3. New here

New here Guest

Sorry but don't know IMOH is NOD32 o_Oo_O Where can get Information of IMHO ?

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

IMHO== In my humble opinion ;)

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes, if the above combination runs well on your system, they would be a very good selection.

However, you may need to check that the Buffer Overflow Protection in 8.0i does not interfere with Zone Alarm; see post 28, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46201&page=2&pp=25

The McAfee engine is on par with Kaspersky's and should give you good overall protection against most threats.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You may want to take a look here for discussions on security and how to make your system that much stronger, and here for more.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

7. kloshar

kloshar Registered Member

Does McAfee take really less resources as KAV? Well I don't think so! And yes, McAfee is all-kind stuff antivirus, like KAV! Recommended!

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I agree, kloshar, but with the Enterprise Edition of McAfee I have seen no system slowdowns on a variety of computers, both at work and at home.

The Corporate version of McAfee VirusScan has a lot 'lighter' footprint than the Home product. For instance it does not have the Security Centre installed.

So although McAfee EI 8.0i takes up more memory and runs more active processes than KAV 5 for example, it has had no noticeable effect on the speed of my computers.

In fact I would say it runs lighter than KAV 5. In particular, I have not seen any effect on boot-up times at all, whereas with KAV I have seen an appreciable lag on startup.

9. Socio

Socio Registered Member

The Strongest combination solution I know of and use is:

KAV 5 Pro + Outpost 2.5 Pro (tweaked to my system) & (process monitor disabled) + ProcessGuard 3 beta + TDS3 + Webroot Spy Sweeper + SpyBot S&D

10. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

A great lineup, but I beleive that the following would be better:

NOD32 (great detection and FAST!!!)
    Outpost, 8Signs or Tiny instead of Zone Alarm
    Trojan Hunter is very nice app, maybe look at TDS3 or ewido before making final decision though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.