is Free Download Manager is free from spyware?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by -----, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -----

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Been using it since version 1.3, have scanned my system with AdAware, Spybot as well as MSAS and also monitor outbound connections using firewalls, no spyware found or any unsolicited outbound connections yet noticed from FDM.

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

They are trying to sell customized versions to promote their website.

Totally free of spyware.

4. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

After finding this thread, I DL'ed FDM and really like it. I was using Leechget, but FDM seems much better.
    However I did notice in FW log that it occassionally connects to IP 194.135.30.192 (www.filesearch.ru). Any thoughts as to why it connecting to this site. I have set a rule to block pending further investigation.

EDIT: It only tries to connect when I DL something with FDM.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  5. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Hi Honyak.

I believe it does what Flashget does & uses that IP to check for file mirrors, Flashget calls it ShareURL, there is probably a option in Free Downloader to stop it checking for mirrors.

HTH

6. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Thank you oddbod, I believe you are correct, after doing some futher investigating I noticed that it was not using mirrors on a site where it did previously.

Thank you.

7. Oddbod

Oddbod Guest

Your welcome Honyak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.