Is Ewido 4.0 as Good as Spysweeper, Sunbelt etc.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by profhsg, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I know someone asked this question in the thread on "What's the Best Antispyware," but it hasn't drawn a reply and I believe the question deserves its own thread.

How does Ewido 4.0 measure up against programs such as Spysweeper, Sunbelt Antispyware, and Spyware Doctor?

2. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

I still consider Ewido to be more of an anti-trojan than anti-spyware. I think the others you mentioned might be slightly better at detecting spyware (especially keyloggers) than Ewido, but Ewido is better at detecting trojans.

So one of the spyware scanners you mentioned, along with Ewido, would probably make a good combination. As for running both realtime, I don't think I would do that. I don't like running too many scanners realtime because my AV handles a lot of that action. ;)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, I also consider ewido more of a anti-trojan than anti-spyware. Although there are new anti-spyware functions in ewido 4.0, SpySweeper's anti-spyware feature is far more mature than ewido. On the other hand Spysweeper's anti-trojan functionality is also far less mature than ewido.

For Spyware Doctor, quite some threads in Wilders pointed that a lot of false positives exist in Spyware Doctor.

For Sunbelt CounterSpy, there is not much change in features in an early alpha of CounterSpy 2.0, although there are changes in the scan engine. For CounterSpy 1.5, the signature based detection is still good, but it is lagging behind SpySweeper in spyware prevention by shields. And customer service from Sunbelt is poor.

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I also consider Ewido more of an anti-trojan. It does well with spyware, but I am not sure it is as good there as a dedicated AS application.

I run Ewido and SuperAntiSpyware both in real time. I do not notice that it adversely impacts my system. Neither ever finds anything, and that is the way I like it. My AV is KAV6 FWIW.

Jerry

5. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

I am currently using ewido 4.0 along with KIS 6, I think it is a good anti spyware :thumb: and one of the best trojan detectors, it even detects some trojans that KAV missed or ignored:eek: I am planning to use Super antispyware as an add on spyware detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.