Is ESET Cyber Security for Mac Beta compatible with Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by fax, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

I am asking since I did not notice any specific problem but if the beta may cause issues under Mounting Lion I would like to know.

Thanks a lot in advance for any clarification.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Support for OS X 10.8.0 ("Mountain Lion") was added in ESET Cybersecurity v4.1.86.4, released on July 27th.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I can confirm that the ESET Cybersecurity 4.1.86.4 works on Mountain Lion as this is the version I have installed on my MacBookPro at home. I upgraded to the lateste version of Cybersecurity before downloading/installing Mountain Lion.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!

thanks for the reply. There may be a misunderstanding, I was referring to the ESET 5 beta for MAC.
    Should I deduce its not compatible? It works fine so far here at least without any obvious error.

Thanks,
    Fax

5. MarkFalto

MarkFalto Registered Member

I can tell you that running the beta on my osx mountain lion MBP ive had a poor experience. I also have Parallels 8 installed and 2 days ago I fired up Parallels and one of the ESET processes actually took down the entire system. A sudden reboot. When the system rebooted ESET was no longer loading at startup. The icon did not appear in the tray on top. When i attempted to uninstall after this the uninstall would crash at the "stopping eset GUI processes" step.

What i ended up doing was killing any ESET processes and trashing it from my applications folder. Then i ran the uninstall and it completed cleanly. Im gonna wait before reinstalling.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.