Is ESET Cyber Security for Mac Beta compatible with Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by fax, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

I am asking since I did not notice any specific problem but if the beta may cause issues under Mounting Lion I would like to know.

Thanks a lot in advance for any clarification.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Support for OS X 10.8.0 ("Mountain Lion") was added in ESET Cybersecurity v4.1.86.4, released on July 27th.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I can confirm that the ESET Cybersecurity 4.1.86.4 works on Mountain Lion as this is the version I have installed on my MacBookPro at home. I upgraded to the lateste version of Cybersecurity before downloading/installing Mountain Lion.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!

thanks for the reply. There may be a misunderstanding, I was referring to the ESET 5 beta for MAC.
    Should I deduce its not compatible? It works fine so far here at least without any obvious error.

Thanks,
    Fax

5. MarkFalto

MarkFalto Registered Member

I can tell you that running the beta on my osx mountain lion MBP ive had a poor experience. I also have Parallels 8 installed and 2 days ago I fired up Parallels and one of the ESET processes actually took down the entire system. A sudden reboot. When the system rebooted ESET was no longer loading at startup. The icon did not appear in the tray on top. When i attempted to uninstall after this the uninstall would crash at the "stopping eset GUI processes" step.

What i ended up doing was killing any ESET processes and trashing it from my applications folder. Then i ran the uninstall and it completed cleanly. Im gonna wait before reinstalling.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.