Is detecting zoo viruses by your scanner important?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Pollmaster, Nov 14, 2004.

?

Is detecting zoo viruses by your scanner important?

1. Yes, it's critical

33.3%
  2. Yes, it's quite important

44.4%
  3. It's nice to have, but not very important

5.6%
  4. I rather thay focus on other things

5.6%
  5. I don't know

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollmaster

Pollmaster Guest

From my friends at the antivirus sections of this forum, I have learnt that there are 2 classes of viruses. "Zoo virus" and "In the wild" viruses.

Some claim that detecting zoo viruses are not important because they are viruses that have not spread (or not known to have spread yet) to the outside world, so chances of being infected is very low. Better for the AV researchers to focus on quality scanning and handling of known threats.

Others disagree of course. In this day and age, malware spreads in a matter of hours, and your chances are much better if your scanner can detect as much as possible, not just those that have being reported in the wild (which implies a time lag between reporting and handling).

What do you think?

Poll follows.

2. freeloadin

freeloadin Guest

Just becuz ya caught it at the zoo, don't mean you aren't sick, tha's just praactical.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

no you are right, it just means you are a good catcher or you can work there...brrrrrrr :D

itw important for me.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Zoo viruses? Viruses from the zoo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.