Is Certo Antispy safe?

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by avboy, Feb 21, 2021.

1. avboy

avboy Registered Member

I received unsolicited messages and OTPs for multiple days. Found my phone is acting strangely. Menu with phone, speaker and other device name appeared on pressing speaker button after messages were opened. Went away after restarting phone. So I believe (but cannot conclude) that the i phone is hacked or compromised (may be by a series of binary messages).

So I came across Certo Antispy while searching. My question is whether it is safe to use it? According to Certo the app is not allowed on the AppStore but can be run using a PC or Mac.

Thanks.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

If you feel not comfortable the best way is factory reset after backing up important data.

3. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Unfortunately these unsolicited SMS keep on coming. Do not know if its some prankster on a roll with bulk SMS app. Or this is Sim jacking through binary SMS. Cannot even block them as they are transactional messages and many times I do need genuine OTP from sites that I use. And the unsolicited OTPs come from genuine websites like OYO, Amazon etc. Cell carrier is clueless about binary messages. Pranks i can live with, but hack is worrisome. Unfortunately I am unable to determine which one it is. That is why I am looking at Certo.
    Thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Finally planning to give Certo a try in Shadow Mode. Will check with Certo if it detects any spyware. Then even if no spyware is found, any misdoings (and I emphasize "if any") by Certo will be undone by wiping the phone to factory settings. Is there any better option?

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

After reading your other questions which point out a massive malware attack I still recommend a factory reset. good luck.

6. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Thanks. Did it. Looks better now. Hope it stays that way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.