Is CCleaner Enough? Two Questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MarcGabi, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcGabi

MarcGabi Registered Member

I've been using CCleaner for years. A few weeks ago I downloaded a trial version of R-Wipe&Clean and I found the following: After I use R-Wipe I find that there are files, etc. left which I then use CCleaner to delete. Has anyone else found this?

Has anyone had any experience yet with Window Washer 2010?

Thanks

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Do you have Ccleaner set to normal deleting or have it set to erase? You can have it erase up to 35 times.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Welcome to the world of registry cleaners. I've not found one yet that hasn't missed a few things. I haven't used WindowWasher, wow, since 2001/02? I had no idea it was still humming along. I liked it back then, but I have no idea what it's like now.

4. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

Window Washer was known to leave many traces behind. I don't know about this new version.

At one time, the top dogs were the controversial Evidence Eliminator, CyberScrub Privacy Suite and R-Wipe & Clean.

5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

It’s possible that such an outcome could be observed when running any two clean/wipe utilities in succession, based upon (1) how each tool is configured and upon (2) the comprehensiveness of each tool.

Personally, I use R-Wipe&Clean and it works well for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.