is BitDefender v9 will be in the next av-comparatives On-demand comparative ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by just me :), Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just me :)

just me :) Guest

is BitDefender v9 will be in the next av-comparatives On-demand comparative ?

2. just me :)

just me :) Guest

also id like to know all AVs version in the next av-comparatives On-demand comparative

3. .....

..... Registered Member

The version 9 will be included in the test of Feb 2006, providing it meets all the requirements.

The anti-viruses to be included in the august 2005 test are the same as the ones for the feb/may 2005 tests.

4. IBK

IBK AV Expert

RAV is no longer included, and the versions used are the newest ones that were available the 5th August. KAV Personal Pro was tested. At the moment I am running Bitdefender 9 Pro+ to see if there would be any difference in detection rates; I guess not, because I think also those that use e.g. BDF7free will benefit from the new engine/heuristic just by updating the signatures etc.

EDIT: yes, seems like even Bitdefender 7 Free Version (or version 8 ) will have the same good on-demand detection rate like Bitdefender 9 Professional Plus. :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  5. bpm3k

bpm3k Registered Member

It seems odd to me that the two program updates (8 and 9) has not added any detection engine benefits. What are these updates doing if not increasing hte detection rate?

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for v9, i think HiVE is better or fully implemented otherwise im not sure. v8 free mostly just changed the gui.

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

The detection engine benefits are also included in the previous versions. A good thing IMO.
    At least I do not see anything detected which the previous version were not also able to detect on-demand. What I did NOT check and where maybe the improvements are is checking if it detects more spyware and damaged samples. Also I did not check the on-access part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.