is an email address change enough?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by T_Durden, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

I dont know if this is in the right spot but i have a question about spam and junkmail. Before I invested any time in web security or new any better i had used free ringtone sites, registered my email and name etc... in all places I wouldnt even think of now. So of course im getting garbage email for things i didnt ask for like schooling etc.. now i have since gone through 3 PC'c but have kept te same email addresses for comcast and for yahoo and was wondering if by changing them, would this put a stop to the spam and emails from old sites i visited? Or do i need to get a good spam blocker and if so what are some because i use MSE and i still get them so assume they dont block that stuff welll.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

MSE doesn't have a spam blocker but your ISP is probably using them + whatever you use to read emails usually have one inbuilt. That should be sufficient and as long the most of spam ends in Junk folder all is well

3. T_Durden

T_Durden Registered Member

well i mark them as spam and mi isp has nothing they clain that is a spam blocker other then marking them as spam and making a filter for the 1 at a time.
    So im just stuck with having to empty them out all the time huh? my comcast accountwont let me,or yahoo now that i think of it,wont let me use my mbam to scan them unless i am able to move them ten do it but i dont know how.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.