Is AMON Supposed to Update Along With the Other Modules?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Arsynic, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsynic

Arsynic Registered Member

I set up NOD32 v2 for MS Exchange and while my other modules (XMON and DMON) are getting the latest updates, AMON is not. I have it pointing to an internal update server in the /nod32 folder. Is this normal?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What makes you think your AMON / NOD32 installation is not up-to-date ?

3. Arsynic

When I click on AMON, the signature database version is older than the current version (DMON and XMON display the correct sig database version).

I don't know if it's just reporting it wrong or if it really isn't updated. If AMON updates with the others, then perhaps it's just reporting an older definition.

In order to get it to display the correct version, I have to stop it and reboot the server.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I have been using for quite a long time and I have never seen such thing . AMON shows version of signature used which is different than the one used by other modules. Very strange , really .

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's a checkbox in the AMON setup called "Enable instant virus signature database updates". Is it enabled?

6. Arsynic

Yes it's enabled. The only way to get it to show it's updated is to reboot the server.

Are the virus definitions old or is it just reporting it wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.