is Acronis true image 2015 safer than older versions ?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by garry35, Jul 16, 2015.

1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

is acronis true image 2015 safer than older version ie.2014 etc. does it still leave any leftovers ? apart from making an image backup before, is there any way or programs to use to install such revo pro,total uninstall or others that can help removing traces if it doesnt work out. thanks in advance

Gazzer

2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

it depends on your system. The best way is to use its boot usb/cd. You can install it on a spare PC, make a boot USB, then uninstall it. Once you have a boot usb, you can use it to make backup/restore on any other PCs without worrying about Acronis leaving leftovers in your system.

3. max2

max2 Registered Member

That is what I do right now with Acronis True Image 2014 and love it. Acronis True Image 2015 sucks I tried the trial version. :(

4. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

thanks for the replies but i am more interested in installing as normal with any precautions needed, and being able to uninstall it later if i dont like it without any leftovers or associated problems. also theres no need to install to create boot media because acronis let you download the bootable media as needed as a standalone ready to be burned to disc without the need for an install

5. SWillie

SWillie Registered Member

I bit and "upgraded" to TI 2015... big mistake. The UI is terrible but I needed a backup program. I made a backup of my machine and saved it to an external drive, all appeared to be well. Then my computer crashed while I was messing around trying to install a Linux dual-boot system with Windoze. I booted the recovery disk only to get the message that the "backup file is corrupt". After some web searching I discovered that this seems to be an issue with TI 2015 as others have reported the same thing.

Bottom Line: I am done with Acronis, my advice is to not waste your time & money on this junkware.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.