Irritating bug in TrueImage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xyzzy1234, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyzzy1234

xyzzy1234 Registered Member

Since I installed TrueImage (Home 11) I have found that something tries to access my floppy disk drive at irregular intervals from 30 seconds - 2 minutes (approx) all the time my PC is on. This happens even if I have not run TrueImage since boot.

The only solution to this problem that I can find is to completely uninstall TrueImage.

Mark.

2. xyzzy1234

I should add that this problem only seems to occur when both Acronis TrueImage is installed and the virus checker Avira AntiVir is enabled. According information on the Avira forums, the virus checker is only checking files that are accessed by other applications.

3. como

como Registered Member

I don't remember anyone else reporting this, register and send a ticket to support from your account.

4. xyzzy1234

5. adreamer

adreamer Registered Member

I can confirm this issue:
    - TI Home 11
    - Avira Antivir
    - Windows XP, SP2

Cheers

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I would like to inform you that our Development Team is aware of that issue and they are working on solving it.

Currently as a workaround we may suggest you to disable scanning of the floppy drive in Avira Antivir.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Matth

Matth Registered Member

Hello Marat,

at the moment we have 10 copies of true image 11 Home and we also have the same problem. Is there a solution now? Disable scanning the floppy drive in Avira Antivir does NOT help. Disabling the floppy drive completely (in bios) is not a solution for us. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    Matthias

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Unfortunately, the roots of problem are quite deep, so it's still being worked upon. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.