IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS...easdrv.sys

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by McCoy, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCoy

McCoy Registered Member

Before I get into this error a little bit of history is needed
    This error did not occur until I very stupidly got a zlob trojan on my PC by opening an active x control...yes i know it was very stupid and i knew better...Anyways I got this horredous virus-heat icon in my toolbar and processes that could not be closed and registry entries that would not delete and the worst part was there was nothing to delete in my add/remove programs it was all controlled in the registry which I could not delete...I ended up using a program specially made for this trojan to help me remove it...after infection Nod32 was useless...But anyways that program killed the process that I could not and allowed me to do a manual removal :D...so basically what I'm getting at is before I got this trojan infection I was not getting this error on startup...IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS, and it says easdrv.sys at the bottom of the blue screen and now I am...Why?

Now before any assuptions are made I know this is not a memory problem...because I uninstalled nod32 and was able to run windows everytime...but when I reinstalled the same error occured

Also I did find a work around...I disabled hyperthreading in my bios and I can now load windows without any issues...however this issue still raises lots of questions for me

1. I googled hyperthreading and still don't really understand what effect my disabling it has
    2. What Changed? And why after being infected by the trojan is there a conflict?
    3. And ultimately what do I need to do to fix this issue (since it was not happening before there must be a fix)

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!
    McCoy

2. McCoy

McCoy Registered Member

Solved my own problem :thumb:

After I removed the trojan I had a different error come up...and I used the verifier tool on startup to figure out the problem file. serscan...i resolved that problem by stealing the file off my desktop and replacing my corrupt file...anyways i guess the verifier tool was still running because when I went into it and canceled all settings and rebooted with my hyperthreading enabled my error disappeared :)

Anyways if anyone was working on this issue thanks for your troubles and hopefully in the future I won't need any further help ;)

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

what ESS version you using?
    your OS?

4. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, what is point of question about OS and ESS? I don't know. This problem can appear on 2k, XP,... :rolleyes:

5. McCoy

McCoy Registered Member

I have latest version of ess 3.0.621.0 to be exact
    and run XP still

But as I said in my last post I have fixed my problem already :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.