irpstacksize error with True Image installed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kbgorman, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbgorman

kbgorman Registered Member

I just purchased True Image and am having a problem that has caused me to have to uninstall it. Hopefully someone can help.

When True Image is installed, I get a Srv Error (Event ID 2011) in the System Log of Event Viewer "The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for the server to use a local device. Please increase the value of this parameter." I am also unable to browse the computer from the workgroup network.

Once I uninstall True Image, the error messages are gone and I am again able to access the computer on the network.

I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this problem and have definitely determined that the source of the problem is True Image. My research on irpstacksize has not enabled me to find a setting that will work.

I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 and have a MSI K8N SLi Platinum motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3700+ (K8 Venice) Processor, Corsair 2x512MB PC3200U 2.0-2-2-5 RAM, ATI AIW X600 PCI, SB Audigy2, and 4 Seagate 160 HDs in 2 RAID Nvidia Stripes. I am not overclocking.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Kathy Gorman

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Hello Kathy,
    You might want to take a look at this FAQ:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#9a

Increasing the IRP Stack Size will involve editing the Windows Registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters.
    See also Microsoft KB198386 and KB177078.

Good luck,
    Bruce Mahnke

3. kbgorman

kbgorman Registered Member

Thank you for your response, Bruce.

I tried the LanmanServer registry changes but without any success - there was no amount of increase that I could make that would solve my problems.

Too bad. I guess it's back to Ghost.

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Very sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone from Acronis can provide further assistance.

Bruce

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kbgorman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 then the first thing to do is to increase the IRPStackSize value as it is described in the appropriate Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

As I have understood you was not able to find the appropriate value to increase. However, sometimes the IRPStackSize value does not already exist. In this case you should create it manually as it is described in the same article.

Please inform me about the results. Describe your actions step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.