Ironkey...hmmmm

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by merisi, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I bought an Ironkey last year and I can't decide whether or not I'm using it properly or if it's a complete waste of money. It seems to be stuck on Firefox 6 when I use their TOR network and while I can update the browser, that makes the identity manager redundant. I also pay for LastPass so I guess it makes using their identity manager pretty pointless as when I change passwords I have to transfer them over to my Ironkey. I'm really begnning to wish I'd spent my money on using a VPN instead.

Does anyone else use an Ironkey and get better use out of it then I'm currently doing?

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

IronKey left the business. They sold off their hardware division to Imation. The rest scattered and I have no clue about their private onion network.

3. ComputerSaysNo

ComputerSaysNo Registered Member

Yeah complete waste of money, they sold their gear to immatation.

4. merisi

merisi Registered Member

Maybe I should run my ironkey over with a car it seems the most impressive thing they did with it.

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Wouldn't getting a 4GB USB stick, encrypted it in AES with TrueCrypt and then putting the TOR Browser Bundle & Last Pass on it?

What benefits does it have?

6. merisi

merisi Registered Member

Definitely a much cheaper way. I think that an Ironkey would only be useful if you wanted to create an entire secret identity or needed to access sensitive material on public wifi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.