iPhone X facial recognition fails at launch

Discussion in 'hardware' started by hawki, Sep 12, 2017.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"‘Let’s try that again': iPhone X facial recognition fails at launch...

The iPhone X’s facial recognition system fails at the unveiling of the latest handset on Tuesday in California. Apple VP of software engineering, Craig Federighi, had to switch to a backup phone in order to demonstrate the face-unlocking feature."

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-facial-recognition-face-id-fail-launch-video

What do you expect from a smartphone that only costs $1,000 [64 GB base model] o_O

Actually it's a totally awesome phone -- very fast with many unique, innovative features. I'd be very happy if someone gave me one. [Preferably one that works] :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Lol that is awesome. I mean, not really.

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"Apple: Face ID didn't fail at iPhone X launch, our staff did...

'People were handling the device for stage demo ahead of time,' an Apple spokesperson told Yahoo, 'and didn’t realise Face ID was trying to authenticate their face. After failing a number of times, because they weren’t Craig, the iPhone did what it was designed to do, which was to require his passcode. Face ID worked as it was designed to.'..."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/14/apple-face-id-didnt-fail-at-iphone-x-launch-staff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.