iPhantom?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by LockBox, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I posted a thread asking about SurfSolo and stupidly tacked on another question about iPhantom. I should have asked separately as users of iPhantom might not bother reading a thread about Surfsolo! So......

Since iPhantoms are no longer available, what about buying a used iPhantom? Does anyone know if I found one if Phantom Technologies would still provide service? From another post I assume they would, but not sure, and it's not like I'll find one anyway. But if anyone knows - I'm all ears!

2. fuzzylogic

fuzzylogic Registered Member

try ebay?, i think you'll have a very hard time getting one to try out. or while caspian isn't looking take his lol :D

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

haha! No way will I give it up. I think it is pretty cool. But I am not sure how much longer it will last.

But if you have one, they will let you use it. Just hook it up and enter your credit card info and they will charge you by the month or you can pay for a year.

I don't understand why they quit offering it. One guy said it was too expensive to make and so it wasn't working out. Something else strange. I was also told that they could not see your IP address. Now I find that incredibly hard to believe. How could they NOT see it? Surely someone sees it. Maybe they don't but some data center that handles it does....or something like that.

AIRLINERESERVATIONS.COM INC

You can configure it from the website. It automatically recognizes you. You can enable or disable these options.

Secure DNS:
    Block Local Traffic:
    IPSec (VPN) Passthrough:
    SMTP Passthrough:
    POP3 Passthrough:
    NNTP Passthrough:
    IP Fragment Passthrough:
    Block Incoming Cookies:
    Block Outgoing Cookies:
    Block User-Agent:
    Block Referer URL:

There is also a port forwarding option. I have no idea what that means.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. LockBox

I would dearly love to have one. Maybe I'll stumble across a used one some day. That's my only hope.

5. caspian

I hope you can find one too. I like the idea of a hardware device that your connection has to physically go through. One bad connection with a software VPN on a message board or social networking site, or wherever, and that's it. All that effort only to reveal your true IP. Of course you still have the pleasure of knowing that your ISP is not (while the connection is good) logging and collecting your soul for sale to whomever....the highest bidder. But I like the idea of the hardware device. That is why I am getting the XB cryptorouter. It is a newer hardware device plus it is not US.

As for the Iphantom, one of their reps suggested that one might be found on Ebay. And someone here mentioned that as well. Let me know if you find one. I would be curious to know.

6. LockBox

Do we know yet how much the XeroBank personal cryptorouter and service will cost?

7. caspian

I am going to be using the personal edition. The device is $600. It just works with the regular XB2 subscription. The blacknet, or onyx (sp?) is far too expensive for me but I can't remember how much. I wish I could afford it.

8. LockBox

Hi Caspian, Where did you find the information? The $600 price, etc?

9. caspian

If I remember correctly that is what Steve told me. $500 or $600. It has also been discussed at the Xerobank forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.