Iperius Backup Free 4.2.1 restore to dissimilar hardware & image verification

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zapjb, Mar 20, 2015.

1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Iperius Backup Free 4.2.1
    http://www.iperiusbackup.com/

Anybody tried this yet? I did search here & Iperius turned up zilch. I read a little on their homepage. From what I read I'm led to believe the FREE version will verify images & restore them to dissimilar hardware. The dl is a very small 8.44MB. For restoring from a system image backup Iperius asks for the Windows installation disc or the Windows recovery disc.

I don't want to fool with this yet. So any brave soul here, I have questions. Is the install truly only 8.44MB or is the rest dl through the install process? Can the backups be pw protected? How is the verification acknowledged after creating a system backup [clear acknowledgemento_O] ? And are verification & restoring to dissimilar hardware included in the FREE version? And does the restore to dissimilar hardware work (basic Windows drivers substituted)? Thanks.

2. TheRollbackFrog

TheRollbackFrog Registered Member

From the little reading I did, it looks like the FREE version is not even an imager. Yes, it backs up FILES and FOLDERS (without synchronization). Their 1st tier paid version does have imaging and File/Folder backup but their is very little confirmation on any of this.

They really need a Product Comparison Chart.

I'll look a li'l deeper...

3. TheRollbackFrog

This REVIEW states their is NO IMAGING available in the FREE version...

4. TheRollbackFrog

This REVIEW also states lack of IMAGING and no VSS file locking capability in ther FREE version. It also references a COMPARISON PAGE that no longer exists on the Imperious site.

Hope all this helps... I'm done

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    Yup thanks. I'm done too. Next!

6. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

It's better to stay with proven solutions when it comes to disk imaging and data backup. I won't try any new names until they prove themselves.