IP attack is blocked but not logged

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by buckrogers, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckrogers

buckrogers Registered Member

Hi,
    Today like any other day I go and visit my favorite tech news and as the page loads a .PNG, ESS pops up with a warning that an attack has been block, love it, but when I go to the events in ESS there is no sign of the block. I even attempted to visit the site in question and ESS again denies me access which is very good. Over the years I have had many of the blocks and access denied messages but they never once show up in the events log. Is this a bug? Thank in advance. By the way I'm and using the latest version.

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Please note that the event logs show if the system has been updating properly, Personal firewall and Threat logs document threats as they attempt to access your computer, and On-demand computer scan logs display scanning and cleaning events.

To help identify possible ESET firewall-related issues, you can log all blocked connections. See the following knowledgebase article:

How do I create a log of all connections blocked by ESET Personal firewall?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2380

3. buckrogers

buckrogers Registered Member

Thank you TyeF that was very helpful. I now see the block sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.