iOS 7 said to be "flat," just like Windows Phone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Wild Hunter, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I bet it will look almost identical. :rolleyes:

3. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

"Cupertino, start your photocopiers!" lol

4. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Yuck. While I can understand getting rid of some of the gloss (particularly that light bouncing off the top of each icon), I think they go too far. It's not really the lack of a "glassy" look; it's how they drained it of nuance and subtlety by making each tile a single color.

A case of a reasonable change would be what Google did to its Chrome icon. The old one looked like, well, chrome, painted with the different colors, and was very shiny. They changed it to a flatter look, but they didn't take all the nuance out of it. There were still highlights and slightly varying shades of each color. That's the kind of approach I'd like to see with an OS; it doesn't have to be either super-shiny or completely flat as if we were back to the days of 16 colors. I think there's a happy medium in between.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have high hopes on iOS 7 now that Sir Jony Ive have put is magic touch on it :D

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

When the photocopiers are done they start up the time machine and claim that they invented it. :D

The pictures I have seen look A LOT like Windows Phone. Don't know if any of them are legitimate though. I guess once all platforms look the same the only difference will be cost and quality of hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.