Iomega Rev Usb

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xant, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xant

xant Registered Member

I would to use Iomega Rev, but is not recognized by acronis, you have suggestion for this question? :oops:

2. anarky

anarky Registered Member

They need ot find a way to support the UFS drivers as that is what the REV uses. It actually mounts as a CD-Rom drive. This has been known since the beta of the REV drive and Iomega supposedly reached out to Acronis form what I heard and got no response.

3. frankjbyrne

frankjbyrne Registered Member

-----Original Message-----
    From: Acronis Support Department [mailto:support@acronis.com]
    Sent: 07 February 2005 09:58
    To: fbyrne@xxxx.xx
    Subject: [Acronis #157699] Iomega Rev Drive

Hello Frank,

Acronis True Image bootable rescue media is a Linux-based application. You tried to create an image of your system and save it to Iomega drive, Its not supported by Acronis True Image bootable rescue CD at the moment (its not supported by Linux itself). Its possible only to restore the image located on Iomega drive (i.e. the software can only read from Iomega drive, but it cant write on it).

--
    Best regards,
    Marian Fadeeva

Acronis, Inc.

4. Davidk

Davidk Registered Member

I was a long time user of Iomega products starting with the first zip drives that came out. I don't think I ever had a zip disk fail and based on that I started using the Jaz drives when they first appeared. Nothing but corruption problems and disk failures... backup after backup gone. Several drives replaced, including the 2gb model - no help from Iomega - just hassle and an insistence that nothing was wrong with the drives... untili it was proven by users that the drives and disks were plagued. Iomega got well sued over that one. I would never again trust their products based soley on their response to the problem - to this day I don't think they ever admitted they had a problem. I've got 2 Jaz drives and a shelf full of disks - collecting dust. Buying drive enclosures and hard drives when on sale is a much better solution. At $399 for a Rev drive and $60 for a disk that's only 35Gb it's very expensive... and there is no price you can put on reliable backup media. Davidk

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

We are very sorry for the problem with Iomega products and Acronis software compatibility. Our Development Team is working on this issue and it is expected to be solved in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Currently you may create images under Windows if you want to store them to Iomega drive. You shouldn't experience any problems while restoring from Iomega after booting from Acronis Bootable CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.