Iomega Automatic Backup Pro not working with NOD

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Stel, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stel

Stel Registered Member

When Real-time file system protection is enabled in NOD32v3 the Iomega Automatic Backup Pro system backup fails with the logged error:

F: failed to backup, error code: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (0x00529D73, 0x0052768C, 0x20005900, 0x20005900)

The data backups work ok with Real-time file protection on or off, but the system backups only work with it off. I've tried excluding all files in the Program Files/Iomega from being scanned but the backup fails with the same error. Any ideas for a work around?

The machine is:
    Windows XP Pro
    2GB RAM

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Try to add an exclusion (use the browse option) for thw whole folder and all files and folders inside .
    Add an exclusion , confirm it , then edit it and make it look like that (with one star at the end) . Condirm and try again:

C:\Program files\Iomega\*

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling Advanced heuristics and Runtime packers on file create in the real-time file system protection setup. Maybe the backup doesn't count on with the delay and times out.

4. Stel

Stel Registered Member

I tried excluding the Iomega folder with a single * and disabling advanced heuristics and runtime packers on file create with no luck. In fact I tried unchecking everything in Real-Time system protection except "Enable real-time system protection" and "Local drives" I also unchecked everything I could in "Threatsense engine parameter setup" and the backup still fails with the same message. Unchecking "Enable real-time system protection" or "Local Drives" does allow the system backup to run however.

The problem also exists on another pc with NOD32v3 and Iomega Automatic Backup Pro.

**EDIT: I also tried adding c:\*, c:\*.* and the backup drive s:\*, s:\*.* to the list of exclusions and it still fails.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It seems ESET need to investigate this and possibly create a fix .

In the meantime you can revert the computers with this back-up software to NOD32 v2.70.39 , which is OK to to use and supported

6. Stel

Stel Registered Member

I've downgraded to NOD32 v2.7 and the problem still exists. Excluding the backup source and destination drives ( C: and S: ) in v2.7 doesn't help either. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.