Invalid partition size.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pompste, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Any windows setting to allow DDS10 to access hard drives?

Hi,DD10 states "invalid partition size" after i try to partition my 250gb hard drive.I made the partition 80gb so there is plenty of free space.
    There is obviously some windows setting blocking DDS10 from accessing my hard drives.I have been trying to solve this problem for over 2 hours and am ready to quit.

Just to make sure it`s not the ACRONIS software`s fault i cloned my first hard drive to my second drive with TI10 and it cloned perfectly.I also downloaded a trial copy of partition magic and tried partioning my drive and it also could NOT partition it--it would`nt give a reason--just left the drive as it was in the first place.

The fact that both of these partitioning programs are not able to partition my drives at all tells me that something is blocking these programs access to the drives--perhaps as a security factor.

I know other people have posted with the same "INVALID PARTITION SIZE" problem in this forum as i am now------and as far as i know,no one has solved the problem.

I`d appreciate any suggestion as to how to correct the problem,for as of now i have no way of partitioning my hard drives at all.

Thank you for any information

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. pompste

pompste Registered Member

Hi,i know other people have posted here before with the same problem i have now,regarding the "INVALID PARTITION SIZE ISSUE".
    If any of you ever see this post i`d appreciate knowing what you did to resolve the problem.
    I`d also like to know how you found a way to partition your hard drives---if that meant using another brand on partitioning software,please let me know the name of it.
    As of now i have no way of partitioning my drives at all----i have even tried a trial version of partition magic and i get the same results.
    I can clone my drives ok using TRUE IMAGE 10.0.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.