Invalid Parameter?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Spray-on Dust, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spray-on Dust

Spray-on Dust Registered Member

Hi, I just recieved a type of warning in TDS-3 (using full licensed version) that reads: 22:52:31 [Invalid Parameter] Parameter not recognized: "C:and SettingsUserssecurity suite.lnk"

Not sure what could've caused this but right before this happened I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes to the latest version. And when I re-launched TDS-3, I got the above warning.

Thanks for any help. :)

Spray-on Dust

2. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

Parameter looks to be time? Seems to me little due consideration is given to pc clock time/timing with respect to atomic clocks referenced the world round. Perhaps synchronizing your pc with the rest of the big blue marble will help?

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm

3. Spray-on Dust

Thanks, Bourge.

But what makes you think this is a pc clock related issue?

Spray-on Dust

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

The 'invalid parameter' mentioned in your post is listed as '22:52:31 [Invalid Parameter]'.

I read that as a clock time being recorded as, in military parlance: 22 hundred hours: 52 minutes: 31 seconds. Perhaps there was a time difference noted between the newly installed application and your pc clock time? I'm not certain of a any requirement that your pc clock be +/- any particular offset to DCS when performing updates and the like but perhaps your pc clock is off the mark?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  5. Spray-on Dust

Ooops. That's my fault.

There was no separate dialogue box that showed up with a warning, it was just inside of the TDS-3 window. If you own TDS-3, open it up and you'll see that the time is recorded for every procedure. Initialization of exec protec, crc 32 check, trace scan, etc.

6. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

That is the Invalid Parameter :). It looks your shortcut is broken to me. Shouldn't it be something like "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\security suite.ink"?

The "22:52:31" is at the time it happened/was recognized or that you started TDS-3.

Regards,
    Jade.

7. Spray-on Dust

Thanks for the replys, everyone. :)

I don't really know what this could be but I did install CrapCleaner pretty soon before this happened. It's possible that I could've deleted some necessary file. Everything else on my pc is working flawlessly though, so I dunno. But I never ran the Reg Cleaner part of CCleaner.

Also, I no longer recieve this Invalid Parameter message in TDS. Hmmm.

I guess I'll wait until a DCS mod or something finds this thread.

Spray-on Dust

Edit: I just noticed something. When I navigate to Start, All Programs, Accesories then System Tools, under the Security Center listing the icon or whatever seems to be corrupted. Instead of the actual icon being there, it's that white box with the blue box inside (hope you know what I mean, that's the best I could explain it) and it reads "SecurityCenter.lnk^"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.