Invalid Page Fault error

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Buster, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Hi Buster,

I just read even more posts of Nod users having all sorts of issues, there also was advised to disable Imon, and guess what, the probs were gone o_O

I can't tell you if it is win98 related, i myself am running ME for 3 or 4 years now, so i can't help you here.

I only hope it is Imon, so you can work your way from there, it isn't much, but that would eliminate a lot.

rgds,
    Martin

2. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi All,

Well, this crashing problem is not resolved. I had a phone call from my customer last night and the pc is still crashing, same address as before. IMON has been disabled.

:'(I have run out of ideas. The pc always crashes at the same address and always in kernel32.dll. I have tried a clean reinstall of Windows 98SE, installed Spybot and even tried the LSP and Winsock2 fixes with no luck. The pc runs perfectly with NOD v1. The pc crashes with internet related programs. :doubt:

This thread seems to be similar to the problems I am having: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=10320;start=15

Can I please get some help from one of the Eset moderators. My last resort is to change this customer to another AV program, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Regards

Buster

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Strange, since turning off my Imon, my system has not crashed once and that was several days ago. Don't know what to tell you, good luck.

Acadia.

4. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Just goes to show you - every pc is different with it's own quirks.

Buster

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

VERY interesting. I just got done using Nod for an entire week with the IMON turned off: not one single IE error. Decided to experiment and turn it back on, yup, there's the old error back again. It's definitely got to be the IMON, well, on my system anyway. I don't know about Buster's?!?!

Acadia.

6. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Buster,

sorry for the delay - many things to do here.

>I have a number of customers who have updated to v2 and the following error message is occurring on their systems. It is an intermittent problem and the crash occurs after closing Internet Explorer or Outlook Express v6 - always the same address.
    Outlook Express caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff766bc
    If I uninstall version 2 and install version 1 the crashing stops. This also happens on my pc. All pcs are running Win98.

Please post the screenshot of the whole error message so that we can see all the numbers in the window (two pictures, if needed - scroll up and scroll down), if possible.

Thanks, :)

jan

7. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi Jan,

I understand you're all busy, I appreciate your reply. I am at the end of my rope with this problem and would greatly appreciate your professional input. :D

The screen dump is one I saved when one of my pcs was crashing. The crash address is the same on my customer's pc, I am unsure as to whether the numbers after the address are the same. My customer is back to running version 1 at the moment.

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks again.

Rgds

Buster

Attached Files:

8. jan

Hi Buster,

thanks for the screenshot.

>Let me know if you need any more info.

As I wrote:

>Please post the screenshot of the whole error message so that we can see all the numbers in the window (two pictures, if needed - scroll up and scroll down), if possible.

So pls. post more pictures so that we can see all the numbers in the window.

Thx., :)

jan

9. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi Jan,

The screen shot is the whole error message. I had two separate screen dumps and quickly joined them in photoshop. The scroll bar on the side is deceptive, suggesting there is more to see.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Rgds

Buster

10. jan

Hey Buster,

> had two separate screen dumps and quickly joined them in photoshop.

Pretty well done! :)

>Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Mine too. ;)

We'll check it and let you know asap.

Thanx., :)

jan

11. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi Jan,

:D Nifty little program that Photoshop, limited only by your imagination and skill level. I'm only an amateur, playing around when time permits.

Looking forward to your response. Appreciate all your help Jan, thanks again.

Rgds

Buster

12. jan

Hi Buster,

>I have a number of customers who have updated to v2 and the following error message is occurring on their systems. It is an intermittent problem and the crash occurs after closing Internet Explorer or Outlook Express v6 - always the same address.

Even if it might not be easy - we need to reproduce the problem - please post the NOD SysInfo:

NOD32 CC->NOD32 System Tools->Information

from that problem machine here.

Thanks, :)

jan

13. Buster

Buster Registered Member

Hi Jan,

I'll be picking up the offending pc in the morning. Shouldn't be too hard to reproduce the error message. I'll spin a little Photoshop magic again and send another screen dump together with the NOD sys info.

And if you have any trouble reproducing the problem, I'm sure my customer would be happy to send you the pc itself. He's seriously considering giving it the boot (and I don't mean Ctrl, Alt, Del.) ;) :D

Rgds

Buster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.