Invalid File Size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Beach, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Just installed TI8 and tried to run it and came up with an error of "Invalid File size, E00070000F" I read some other "invalid file size errors," none pertain.
    TI8 is installed on a Win98 machine, and I need to Image the partition accross the network.
    I know that a few others say they have booted from an ISO, but I am using this at an office and it is going to be backed up everynight, so it won't do with using an ISO. Thanks,

Beach

2. Beach

Beach Registered Member

I'm assuming that the Acronis Forum help is on vacation, so I emailed the problem in instead. Just to keep anyone interested posted, I ran the Scandisk on the machine, and now Acronis will get to the point where it is suppose to start the image, but never does. So I ran the Acronis report, it gives me the BSOD. Keep you posted.

3. acetas

acetas Registered Member

Beach,

I am having the same problem. Keep getting the message
    "E0007000F: Some of the selected partitions have the following error: Invalid File Size". (See my 20Feb05 post with that subject).

I am using True Image ver 8.0, Build 796.

I get the same error whether or not I am trying to put an image of the C: partition onto the D: partition or onto CD-Rs.

Everything looks hunky-dory until I hit the "Proceed" button (to go ahead and do a full backup to the drive/filename.tib that I had given to True Image.

After clicking on the "Proceed" button, True Image starts "Analyzing Partition C:". After the green band goes across the activity bar, the "E0007000F: ...selected partitions ... Invalid File Size" error message comes up.

I have been sending email back and forth with "Konstantin Karikov" at support@acronis.com, but none of his suggestions have fixed the problem.

Hope you have better luck than I have had so far.

Acetas@earthlink.net

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Beach and acetas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

This seems to be some restriction of Windows 98/Me or even of FAT fiel system you apparently use. For example, you may check whether you are trying to create a file of more than 4Gb size.

Could you please send Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317) and screenshots of your actions to support@acronis.com? This will lalow us to investigate the problem.

Beach, could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

acetas, could you please send me a PM with your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your first letter?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Lyle Schilke

Lyle Schilke Registered Member

I'm getting the exact same error "E0007000F: ...selected partitions ... Invalid File Size" on a W98se machine. I'm running the latest build 800 and
    I have the option set to automatically split the file. I emailed Acronis but they usually take at least a week to reply to each email and sometimes a few months to solve one problem. I like this program when it works but I'm so frustrated with the time it takes to get it to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.