Introduction to Firewalls

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by CloneRanger, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Nice found. Will read it at the weekend.

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Thanks for the link, I think this is a little to involved for beginners, as this goes into explaining the network "layers", but somthing that could possibly be added for the intermediate/advanced user.

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'd agree - this is more like "Introduction to Firewalls for Network Professionals Who Understand the OSI 7-Layer Model But Have Been on Planet Mars for the Last Seven Years". If you know enough about networking for that article to be an easy read, you'd almost certainly know firewalls inside-out so this is more a case of an article being targeted at the wrong level. Much of what it discusses also applies more to "enterprise firewalls" (e.g. application proxying) rather than personal ones.

Topics like Stateful Packet Inspection have already been mentioned for an expert-level FAQ so a link to this article may be appropriate in a "More Information" list there, but a proper introduction needs to be easier on the brain. ;)

5. XandroZ

XandroZ Registered Member

I'm really glad that you like my article(tutorial).
    I add new tutorials every week. Now I will put: Guide to IEEE 802.11i - security in WAN
    in work - Symbian OS tutorial for mobile. (it is un application for my master project )
    Any other suggestion about security and programming is welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.