Introducing, The New Prevx Edge.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Not a problem at all :)

2. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

hey Joe i am still experiencing post-Clean-Up Scan crashes with ver. 200. is there a chance ver. 234 would cure this old and now tedious bug?

other than clearing some minor unctionality issues, what else, when officially released, will .234 bring to the table? taming false positives? stronger detections? features?

Mike

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Cool, then I can live with that.. :p

I received the new license and it's working like a charm! :)

Thx for the quick service, excellent! :cool:

4. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

What are these sms credits? What's sms? Is this part of prevx edge? Don't we just buy a license and that's it as far as payments go?

5. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

panicomm, SMS is Short Message Service. If you use Prevx Edge/CSI in your company and would like to know immediately when an infection is found on one of the machines, you can enable the e-mail Alerts and/or SMS Alerts through my.prevx.com where (i quote) "You will be able to manage your licenses, view infected machines and infections in your licensed network, setup alerts, and more..."

You will have to create an account first and if you want to receive SMS Alerts you have to fill in your phone number and choose your settings etc.

So, no worries. They're not going to charge you for that.

6. PrevxHelp

I think v234 has a good chance of fixing your issues - we have fixed a great deal of bugs, improved compatibility very significantly with other AVs, cut RAM usage by ~70%, added some new technology behind-the-scenes in the scanner, improved cleanup to reduce the number of reboots required to fully clean the system, added some extra reporting of components of threats into the GUI, made some minor GUI changes (i.e. synchronizing the Edge icon with the tray icon), reorganized our drivers to fix your issue on bootup, fixed some problems creating the tray icon at the right time, fixed compatibility issues with self protection and problems causing it to fire a scan on bootup, and we are now fully 64bit compatible (not in the build on the standard beta download, but if you want a 64bit beta build, let me know :)).

Overall, there have been 350+ improvements over v199 and we aren't slowing down :D

7. alley

alley Registered Member

Would it be possible to implement an option to deactivate the software on the current computer so that the license can be used on a new computer?

8. PrevxHelp

We have some limited functionality of this implemented in MyPrevx, however it is restricted as a user could just clean up their computer and then move their license to another and clean that one up and then move it to another, etc. and we'd only ever have one actual paid user :D

9. Hirtzy

Hirtzy Registered Member

Is there any chance for us users to be able to see a change log of the different Edge versions? If one does exist I can't find it.

10. PrevxHelp

We don't have a changelog available publicly but we are going to add one soon.

My above summary covers most of everything, the rest isn't quite as interesting :D

11. Hirtzy

Hirtzy Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response Joe! Just looking at your summery again, a 70% reduction in RAM use is incredible considering how light the product is on RAM already. It's like you have re-coded the whole program from scratch! lol.

Keep up the good work guys because Prevx is starting to make the "in the cloud" hype a reality with every improvement to the product!

12. PrevxHelp

Thanks :D We didn't quite rewrite the WHOLE thing... but over the last two months we did come up with some better ways of working through the challenges of analyzing so many pieces of data at once :)

This next version doesn't integrate any real new features but those will be rolled out soon after :) We wanted to slim everything down as much as possible before moving forward (hence the delay in getting the x64 version out - we had to finish our improvements THEN we could concentrate on further compatibility :))

(Also: We also are just about to roll out a new update behind-the-scenes in the database which should dramatically reduce false positives :))

13. Mosqu

Mosqu Registered Member

reduced resource usage...

Prevx, could you PLEASE develop a new operating system?!? :D It should run extremly well...

14. PrevxHelp

:D :D We've thought about it ... the driver support is the main issue tho :'(

Windows 7 is looking pretty nice so far tho :) (tho it isn't hard to improve upon Vista's memory usage :D)

15. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

:argh: Uhm ... which false positives? Haven't seen any.:thumb:

16. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

Much obliged, ctrlaltdelete. It gets a bit expensive buying all these security pgms for four home computers so additional charges had me nervous.:doubt:

17. PrevxHelp

Yes, don't worry :D We don't have any hidden fees or automatic recurring charges - SMS alerts are just something which a lot of people find useful, especially if they're managing a lot of PCs :)

18. sded

sded Registered Member

FYI, the beta version .234 appears to have resolved the issues I had with .199 under Vista with the Online Armor beta and Avast!. Have only been running a few hours, but have tried reboots and sleep recovery along with most other activities with no problems. Peak CPU during scan also seems to be managed more effectively. Will continue to test and report if anything significant. Thanks; Ed. :)

19. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Yes please!!! Any pointers making it a succes?

-Deinstall Prevx 2, Reboot (--- Is there a special removal tool to remove all reg entries,etc.? If not would Total Uninstaller be a good idea? Reboot
    - Run Ccleaner
    Reboot
    - Turn off all security software before installement
    Reboot

20. PrevxHelp

That process will work well - you can remove Prevx2 entirely using our removal tool as well: http://info.prevx.com/removaltool.asp

PM coming with a link to the beta :D

21. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

I bought the key long before the Edge launch, i renewed after Edge was launched since recently because my license had ended around january, what now?

22. PrevxHelp

PM me your license and I'll get it sorted for you :)

23. FloorMatt

FloorMatt Registered Member

This is great news! I would love to try this out, if it is possible.

24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey mat try this one for detention and removal and let's know:thumb:
    note:use the most recent malwares:)

25. PrevxHelp

FWIW this is a beta update and shouldn't be used in direct comparisons. We have some features disabled in this beta update which will affect detection and will enable them as soon as we have finished thoroughly testing them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.