Internet Surveillance - How do you feel about it?

Discussion in 'polls' started by RockLobster, Sep 29, 2017.

?

How concerned are you about online surveillance

1. I don't believe there is any mass surveillance

2. I have nothing to hide therefore I am not concerned

3. I am a little concerned but not enough to make me reconsider posting my views and opinions

4. I am concerned and feel a little nervous about posting my opinions on some topics

5. I am very concerned therefore I no longer post my views and opinions on some topics

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

I thought this might make for an interesting poll.

Edit: It is about posting or commenting or generally communicating with groups or individuals on any online media, not just here at Wilders.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I am a little concerned but not enough to make me reconsider posting my views and opinions

3. RockLobster

My vote was going to be the same as yours, but then I said, to be honest, there are times when I think hmmmm maybe I shouldn't have said that online ... so I voted, a little nervous sometimes, even though my doubts are usually after the fact.

4. Circuit

Circuit Registered Member

Little concerned as most here know, "frankly I don't give a dam."
    Use to be very concerned, now nobody really cares, why should I?
    Under the previous admin I was quaking in my boots.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Can't vote but I guess the 5th option comes the nearest. I am very concerned therefore I no longer never have posted my views and opinions on some topics

6. RockLobster

Why can't you vote ?

7. RockLobster

I don't know that mass internet surveillance is admin specific, I think it has persisted into its 3rd already, how it is used probably is though and this could be a glimpse into the future if the courts don't put a stop to it now.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...dresses-related-to-political-protests.396113/

8. Reality

Because the difference between "no longer" and "never have" are too important to me

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I chose the penultimate option. ;)

10. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I am a little concerned but not enough to make me reconsider posting my views and opinions: not worried neither really concerned, I chose this answer to point that in a democracy it's intolerable also the suspect of Internet surveillance

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I assume the 3letters know & can find out anything. Beyond that I believe in my tinfoil hat but I very rarely wear it.

12. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

I am a little concerned but not enough to make me reconsider posting my views and opinions.

13. RockLobster

Oh yeah I see what you mean now, I thought at first you meant something about the poll was not working

14. RockLobster

I'll leave this poll to run for a couple of weeks, hopefully by then enough people would participate to get a reasonable sample.

15. Reality

Well, to put a plug in for the tin foil hat wearers I'm going to vote to the closest anyways.

16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'd add this option.

I have nothing to hide. It's impossible to hide anything. I am disgusted at the lack of privacy in the world.

17. Circuit

So true.

18. RockLobster

Trust me, I felt like putting options like that too, but thought people might not take it seriously if I did.

19. Circuit

Polls are useless in this society
    Look a the ones i posted.

20. RockLobster

I thought your poll about Russian software was a good one, it shows the people are not buying the state propaganda like they might have used to during the cold war era which has to be a good thing.

21. Circuit

Thank you.

22. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I replied to one of your posts, with real world information about why it is advisable not tot trust software that comes from Russia, and it was deleted. My post was deleted, while the ones like yours attacking and minimizing the fair warning from the government are given a green light. I cant trust the results. :)

Bo

23. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

"I am a little concerned".....only by the fact it`s a little bit creepy knowing that every utterance no matter how banal is screened at some point even if it`s just an algorithm blindly looking for specific words or phrases.

Regards Eck:)

24. RockLobster

Don't feel bad, you just dont know how many of my posts have been deleted because what I said was deemed to be politically off topic. You can rest assured there is no political conspiracy by the moderators on this site. You just have to be careful how you make your point and you're welcome to send it to me in pm if you want to.
    My criticism was mainly about the way they handled it, they blamed their own embarressing security screw up on the software vendor. Sure Russian AV sends telemetry but so do most all AV's. The government IT people should not have been using any software that does that in a security critical network but rather than admit their mistake they instigated a public hate campaign against Kaspersky that even retail outlets took Kaspersky products off the shelves with no proof they did anything wrong.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  25. Carver

Carver Registered Member

This is similar to the reason why I still don't have a facebook account or twitter account. Just remember once it out there it can't be taken back rings in my ear's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.