Internet Suites: Kaspersky 6 or Norton 2007?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Birdman, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Just curious as how Norton Internet Security 2007 compares to Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0.303?

I'm been reading impressive reviews of the new Norton 2007. Seems like the resource issues have been resolved in this release.

Which security suite is considered better of the two?

After using Norton IS for almost 6 years....I finally decided to leave Symantec behind and move on to Kaspersky (great software, by the way).

Just interested on what other's think about these 2 suites. :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't like to comment them both or compare them but the so called resource issues is not resolved . Norton has some good feautures but it is still too heavy,IMO *puppy*

3. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Yes, NIS 2007 is heavy compared with KIS 6, but with earlier versions it is lighter. :cool:
    Both are great in detection, try both, it is your decission.
    But I suggest KIS 6.(based on my personal knowledge on both products)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

well well again norton being labelled as a resource hog with no reference to the actual things like av/as/firewall etc.
    the only way i see norton being heavier than kis6 is the size of package.
    kis/nod are always the most promoted AV's at wilders and popular once,sadly,not worth mentioning...

but i would suggest you to try norton2007 and kis6 and than decide for urself.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No contest. Go for the best.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

exactly

7. chaos

chaos Registered Member

Well I was a Norton user for 3 years till I found a virus in the HDD's MBR.(MasterBootRecord).
    Well since then I switched this resource hog and I never looked back.
    Go for KIS or for KAV + firewall.

Also I have to note that in a few days KIS 6 Maintanance Pack 1(build 400(?)or something currently at beta stage build 389) will be released that resolves all the major issues of KIS build 303.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i would surgest kav plus firewall

9. Legendkiller

see,i have no doubts that KAV is better than norton's AV,but you should give facts rather just say its "resource hog" when it comes to norton/mcafee/nero...

10. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

And when it comes to 'Trojan' prevention/detection, it's no contest. KAV- :thumb:

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Both are excellent programs, otherwise they would not have last to this day. Therefore, it is fair for me to say that it is a perfect case of Diamond cut Diamond. Selection of program is very personal thing resembling choosing your own Medical Doctor. Factors such as program itself, your own $$ pocket, and compatability w/ your other programs should be taken into consideration. But one good news for sure ,which is that Rogers-Yahoo hi-speed internet clients have Norton Internet Security Suite 2007 as a free gift,yes free gift from your ISP (could be Canadian Market only). Here you go, choice is yours, exclusively.:)

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Definitely Norton for me. If I went to a suite and these were the only choices.:D

13. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

The tern "resource hog" refers to a piece of software that uses more of your PC's resouces than it should and has a detrimental effect on the running of your PC. Norton always has been and is wel known to be software that behaves in this way. Figures are not needed in this case.

14. The Hammer

When your discussing new software versions figures are always needed to avoid the appearance of a knee jerk reaction. :p

15. Legendkiller

i run a very modes t pc with 2.8 p4,1gb ram and i never ever had any mem usage problem with norton.

even a few weeks back when i had 1.7hgz celeron with 512mb ram i never had a problem with it.

the only software which i really consider a resource hog is panda.

no matter what config u have,it will always take ages at start-up.

16. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm not too sure about security suites but i tried out norton antivirus 2007 the other day and i was amazed at how light it is. They've definitely made some great improvements.

17. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have never had Norton do that. And I have used norton since it came out on floppy disc when there wern't cd's. And it just keeps getting better with every version,

18. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well sorry i have to disagree with that sure norton use to be good intill it was taken over by a faceless comparation called symantec!

19. The Hammer

Play the entrance music to signal the appearance of Lord Vader(Symantec). :D Seriously all these comanies are going to become faceless corporations if there any good, it's a byproduct of growth to some degree.

20. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'd go with KIS 6.

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

f-secure seems to be getting biger and maybe thats why f-secure internet secrity uses so much reosurse because i dont think version 2005 did.

and when they get bigger and make they software use more resourse i move on to someone newer in the market so thats why im getting antivir

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well you are entitled to your opinion. Just like I am.:thumb:

23. ihatenorton2006

ihatenorton2006 Registered Member

The word on the street is to get a free Zone Alarm Firewall and a free Advast A/V. You can do boot scans with Advast and the firewall blocks EVERYTHING.Also get free Spybot Search and Destroy, free AdAware and free Spyware blaster. Check yourself at shieldsup.com to see if you are really protected and see if you can stand up to their intense try to break in to your computer to test your firewall. I was 100% protected for free!!

Get all programs at: download.com :thumb:

Your comments are appreciated. :thumb: :thumbd:

24. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

My pick would be comodo firewall, avira antivir, spyware blaster and either spyware terminator or windows defender. 100% free and sufficient protection for the average user.

25. The Hammer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.