Internet Slow down

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mikel05, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikel05

Mikel05 Guest

I've noticed that when I want to visit some pages/forums IMON will 'Download' the page and it will show up in the lil pop up window.

This lags the loading process. Because when i disabled IMON i could open the links faster and it didn't have that lag.

Is there a way to make this process faster?

2. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

You can change the IMON compatibility mode in IMON Setup, under the HTTP/Compatibility setup tag. If you change the setting for your browser from Higher Efficiency to Higher Compatibility it will do what you require.

The caveat is that in Higher Compatibility mode IMON may not be able to intervene if it detects a virus, until after it has been downloaded, whereas in Higher Efficiency mode it will be able to prevent the infection ever reaching your machine.

I believe the "slowdown" you mention is more perceived than real, in that the complete page should load in the same amount of time. It's just that in Higher Efficiency mode the whole page is downloaded before it opens, whereas in Higher Compatibility mode parts of the page start to display as they are being downloaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.