Internet filter build version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Signature version 1928 just updated. Internet filter build is version 1012.
    In updates section ronjor has filter build 1013 i.e. one build ahead even with older update 1927.
    I don't know what internet filter refers to (maybe Imon ?), but why do I not have the same build as ronjor ?

These newbie questions are hopefully not too irritating ! :p

Edit: Same with filter version no. 1.001 vs. ronjor 1.002

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

Well it is strange since I have the latest update and the filter versions are 1.002 and 1013 build, like you can see :

Maybe it's either a server problem that pushed bad versions, but I'm doubting it since the internet filter module is from 2004... Maybe someone will be able to be more helpful than me. Though, it seems to be unrelated to the update per se.

Cheers,

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Hi IcePanther.

My version is way back in 2003 - see image. Man, why do I always end up having the 'unusual' :doubt:

Attached Files:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ocky , don't worry . It is not the unusual . It is normal . This version is from 2003/2004 because it is not needed anymore . It was used years ago to protect against special threats no longer live . You are updated .

This is "a little unnecessary bug" . Trial versions show that version although they are updated . If you have upgraded from a trial to full , you can see it but there is nothing to worry about . If your NOD32 detects this test file, for example , you are fine :) :thumb:

5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Tho it is not showing in that pic....it shows in this post\pic you were trial version about a week ago but went to "paid version" on\about the 17th according to this post.

Did you re-install or just put in user name\password with the trial version ?

Bubba

7. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I did not reinstall as eset FAQ advised that one can now update directly from trial version to full version. I simply pasted in the username and password.

Besides this conundrum everything is working well. I feel embarassed as you have researched my previous posts - something I should have done.

Is there a solution without a reinstall ?

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That was a very valid decision on your part and will stand corrected if wrong but I do not know a "solution without a reinstall". Others may have a better link but since you are now registered I would suggest re-downloading from the below link and then re-install.

NOD32 Registered User Downloads Page

Don't beat yourself to bad....it was just a way of putting all the pieces together of what might cause this ;)

Bubba

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Ocky , did you use the option "Full version/upgrade to full version" in the Update section ? If not , you should install full version in order to use the product .

Full instructions :

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

:thumb:

10. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

OK - have downloaded and reinstalled and configured again. Seems fine now. Thanks to all. :cool:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.