Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ritalaxman, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ritalaxman

ritalaxman Registered Member

Sometimes while searching the Net I use the back button to return to the original page and get the following message

Warning : Page has Expired

The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer (6) does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web Page, click the refresh button.

Could someone let me know why this happens and how it could be avoided.

Rita
    [MOVE]:'( [/MOVE] [MOVE] :'( [/MOVE][MOVE] :'( [/MOVE]

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Hi ritalaxman,

If you're on a website where "personal" information is being "stored" or submitted, and you click the Backbutton, it does as it says.
    As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not store this kind of information.
    The only thing I think of to do is just to not "leave" this page if you plan on continuing.
    Or you would just have to enter everything you typed, again. I know..it's a pain.

Have you ever noticed when on a "regular" Site...you can click back and forth, and everything is still the same, so to speak ?

I hope I didn't forget something, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

:)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  3. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

That's pretty much it.
    The cache is either never stored, or is deleted after a certain amount of time has passed.
    This ensures
    1. delivery of fresh content every time.... like mail inboxes
    2. security... no one can look into what was stored into your cache [out of your web mail]
    3. second layer of security.... after, say every 5 minutes, you are forced to suppply fresh credentials [like yahoo asking your password BEFORE it lets you even view your own account information]

I hope I'm using the correct words here... head spinny... need tea.

4. ritalaxman

Thanks Nat68 and No13. I reloaded IE6 and for the present there does not seem to be any problem. Shall get back if I have a problem.

Bye. Should I be saying Good Night!

Rita

5. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

hey...
    it's not [repeat] NOT a bug or a problem..
    it's just there...
    and don't worry if it comes back... it's really not a good practice to go back and reload a page [security wise] :)

6. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Not suporting Microsoft again are you No13 :D As No13 said, the feature is there to protect you and is not a bug. People just think that automatically, because they know what microsoft can be like :D

Jimbob

7. ritalaxman

Thanks everybody. Noted your advice.

Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.