Internet Explorer Script Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by writedom, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. writedom

writedom Registered Member

I get an Internet Explorer Script Error every time I try to open a backup file. The script says: "An error has occured in the script on this page"
    "Line 355"
    "Char 13"
    "Permission Denied"
    "Code 0"
    "file://C:\WINNT\Web\default.htt"

"Do you wan to continue running scripts on this page?" YES - NO

Regardless of what I click - (Yes or No) the error keeps popping up

These files cannot be mounted because they do not contain partitions.

I tried this on another computer, it is happening as well. (Both computers running Windows 2K Pro).

HELP!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Why are you using Internet Explorer to access your backups ?

F.

3. writedom

I am not!

4. foghorne

Thanks for the exclamation mark - which is not going to help your problem by the way. I was trying to make some sense of your post which starts:

This suggests you are double clicking on the file and invoking Internet Explorer.

Good luck.

F.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

But double-clicking on a tib file should invoke ATI. Maybe his file associations fr tib files isn't correct?

6. writedom

Internet Explorer is integrated with Windows. The file associations are set to open with Windows Explorer (I believe this is correct so that you can browse the TIB image). Changing the associations to open ATI only launches ATI)

7. foghorne

You may be right, but it seems to be a bit more involved than that. Whatever writedom is doing, is loading (or trying to load) the default hypertext template file into Internet Explorer - which seems a bit odd.

As far as I know a double click should invoke the restoration wizard - although writedom says he is "opening" the file I assume he means double clicking it.

F.

8. foghorne

Sounds like you don't have the command line parameter for file set up.
    The association for tib files I have configured for example (for TI 9Home), which is by default set for restore is

"C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImage.exe" /restore:"%1"

Note the %1

F.

9. writedom

I installed ATI 10 on a Windows XP System and it works exactly as it should.

Kind of weird it doesn't work right on Windows 2K

10. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If this error is from the WIN2k install. What do the file associations show for *.TIB files?

11. writedom

The TIB is not shown to be associated in either the 2K or XP install.

Unless you know of another way of checking file associations besides Tools / Folder Options / File Types

12. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

That's why you are seeing the problem. The file association is wrong.

13. foghorne

What happens under these OSs when you set up an association as described below in post #8 ?

F.

14. Dirtnapper

Dirtnapper Registered Member

I just downloaded the trial version, I was getting the same errors when trying to look at the backup - I am using W2kPro, sp4. Thanks for the post in #8, I added "tib" in the assocation, with this line and it is now working. Thanks.

15. Werni

Werni Registered Member

I just tried the following:
    In Explorer right click a *.tib file (an image). The context menu shows beside the usual actions: "Plug" and "Restore".
    Clicking Restore works as it should.
    Concerning Plug: In version 9 of ATI I think this is no more "Plug" but rather "Mount". (The pdf Manuals for V. 9 and V. 10 still are consequently speaking of "Plug" instead of "Mount". Even the screenshots in these manuals are of some older version than V. 9, everywhere "Plug"! So one of my many questions to Acronis is: What else in these manuals is no more valid??)
    Then: The action "Plug" does not work correctly, it starts the Restore Wizard.
    Reason: For the file extension tib in "Folder Options, File Types, Advanced, Edit" for the Plug Action the field "Application used to perform action" is blank! I tried the following editing:
    Action: &Mount
    Application used to perform action: "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImage.exe" /mount:"%1".
    Result: Now it works as it should, the context menu shows "Mount" and it starts the Mount Image Wizard with the selected Archive File!

Addendum: I just detected that by doing as described above, I now had to items Mount in the context menu of a tib file! The original one is not defined by Explorer Options File Types, but in the registry (Acronis True Image Shell Extension, tishell.dll?).
    So in the end I just deleted the former "Plug" Action in the File Types Advanced definitions. So now I have to functioning items in the context menu, Restore and Mount

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.