Internet Explorer Script Error problem in IE7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RakuPL, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

Hello there!

I have currently a serious problem while using IE7. Let's start from the beginning. I get this popup:

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4319/zamknik4.th.jpg

on some sites. I have to click a lot of time on X to finally close it (Yes/No seems not working).

Getting this issue happened suddenly, but I didn't do anything unusual. http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ doesn't work at all, it stops at:
    http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5899/clipboard01sr8.th.gif

From what I observed mainly javascript (f.e. buttons) or .aspx pages doesn't work, but that's not 100% of problem.

I tried with IE7 and Maxthon2 I went to the page with ending ".aspx". One opens fine other loads only background, but both when closed display this Internet Explorer Script Error. But I found new message displayed when I close Maxthon2 not only the tab with that page. Here how it looks:
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9774/errorbl0.th.gifhttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4426/error2gq5.th.gif
    Also Maxthon2 options aren't displayed at all (while they're made as a kind of "website" opened in a separate tab). It's not M2 issue as with IE6 it's working.

While I've reproduced this Internet Explorer Script Error those two appeared in Event Viewer:
    http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6555/1gp8.th.gif http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5382/2tp3.th.gif

Also I have tried with reinstalling Windows Sript 5.6, but no effect.

Plz help!!! :( I want my M2.0 start working correctly with IE7!!!
    Rubbish M$!!! :(

My system: Windows XP Professional with SP2 (English)

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I think Maxthon v2 is not completely compatible with IE7 yet, more people have reported problems. So stick with IE6 for the moment. ;)

3. yusky03

yusky03 Registered Member

i have been haveing the exact same problem with no luck in trying to fix it but i have never had Maxthon installed the only other browser i have installed is firefox

windows update does not even come up for me... just a white screen with the script error at the bottom

4. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

Read carefully next time! It's not Maxthon fault! I only gave Maxthon's problem with IE7 as an example. For the first few weeks after installation of IE7 both worked okay.

The last time I tried IE7 (just to check if anything changed) Windows Update displayed only white (blank) page. I only wonder why anybody has no idea what to do, especially Microsoft (M$ site doesn't mention any fix or notice such problem).

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Sorry about that, you´re right, and I hope you will somehow fix your problem. ;)

6. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

I think that I'll have to wait for next release of IE 7.x to see if they fixed it :(

7. yusky03

yusky03 Registered Member

when would that be exactly?

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi RakuPL,

If you care to localize those shot's or word the error's directly on the forum I'd be happy to investigate.

GF

9. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

Here's all in one screenshot compilation, hope it's what you asked me for.

PS. Sorry for long not responding.

Attached Files:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I get script errorws on IE 7 whenever I do a Win update (and that's the ONLY time I use that junk program). Typical Mickeysoft schlock.:thumbd:

11. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

As you wish. Waiting for a mod to take care of it :)

BTW - why can I edit only if my post is the last one in the topic? :/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  12. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thank's. For starter's, run an advanced search for ALL instances of MFC42U.dll. Hoovering over each, record the version number's, post *ALL* in your reply. Most likely either IE is referencing an incorrect version or misplaced file, possibly caused by any recent program update's you may have received. With IE7 up, running the console utility listdlls against it will quickly identify which one it's loading.

Did the inability to access window's update happen around the same time as the mfc incident?

Maybe interfering somewhere is MXPROXY.DLL, I think a COM plugin not yet supported by IE.
    Look for it in the list of loaded dll's when you check the IE instance.

On that first sceenie of your's there should be an option in the advanced tab of int/option's to remove script notification's.

As a final, go check some of the resolve's for windows update over on kellys korner *W* page though I'm not sure how they may apply with the advent of IE7. Still, worth a look.

GF

13. RakuPL

RakuPL Registered Member

Okay give me a quick info on how to use it, because it lists so quick all those files that I can't read it :)

Yes.

Tour please ;)

This haven't worked since today when I have installed IE7 again to check for those problems and...

...IT WORKS! Maybe it was the bug with phishing filter? But okay if it will happen again I still looking forward for help from you. You were the only person who wanted in any way help me (for about 10 places that I asked for it) :)

Okay if windows update again won't work I check this site :)

Thanks GF! I appreciate your will to help, but your PM's were enough to "heal" my IE7 install ;):D

RakuPL

PS. I still would like to gather this dll info to check wether the versions are really correct :) And my Maxthon again works okay with IE7 engine :D Thanks! You're the best! ;)

14. RocketGuy

RocketGuy Registered Member

Hi, I'm having this exact same problem.. could you please post the solution? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.