Internet explorer 'Microsoft tech support' popup malware/scareware removal?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ltheonestar, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ltheonestar

ltheonestar Registered Member

Hello and greetings,

I am running Windows 10 on my laptop. I use Google Chrome as my primary browser and have added https everywhere, ghostery, adblock (something like that) and UBlock origin as my add ons.

I sometimes need to use Internet Explorer (IE) and as soon as I launch Internet Explorer it gives me the malware/scareware pop up that I need to call 'Microsoft' tech support, my computer is infected, my financial details are being leaked', etc.

I ran Malwarebytes Free and it did not find anything malware.

Any idea on how to resolve this? I cannot even uninstall Internet Explorer (IE) it just lets me turn it off I think?

Any advice?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

If you are concerned about any installed malware, you need to know that Wilders stopped One-on-One Malware Cleaning Services years ago. Perhaps your best bet is to seek help in any of the Web sites listed in that thread, and ask them if they can help, or at least point you in the right direction. That's the advice we can give you at this time. Best of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.