Internet Explorer has stopped working

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dragon1952, Mar 26, 2017.

1. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Mine still crashes and I have the latest updates.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

My thoughts at this point, for what they are worth, try to launch IE in safe mode. Directions, if needed:
    http://www.dell.com/support/article...to-run-internet-explorer-in-safe-mode?lang=EN
    If it runs ok in safe mode, I would try to narrow down the cause, probably an add-on. If not, you're probably going to need a reformat or an OS upgrade to fix it. I have seen this a lot over the years, and those have been the only way I have found to fix it when it doesn't work in safe mode. If someone else knows something I don't then great, I'll learn something. Otherwise, it doesn't look promising at this point.

3. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

If I'm not mistaken, your source is the InfoWorld article by Woody Leonhard, Microsoft releases multiple fixes for CRM bugs, including Win10 emergency patch KB 4016635.

Thanks for your reference to that article.

As the KB4016446 knowledge base article, "Forms in Dynamics CRM 2011 are broken after KB 4013073 for Internet Explorer 11 is installed", refers to KB4013073 (for Windows 10), I overlooked the fact that KB4016446 is not only for Windows 10, but for Windows 7 and 8.1 also.
    Sorry for that.

However, the KB4016446 knowledge base article mentions, under Prerequisites:
    "This update is required only if you are experiencing the symptoms that are described in the "Symptoms" section, and you have cumulative security update 4013073 installed on Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7 SP1, or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1."
    And under Symptoms:
    "Forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 are not displayed correctly after KB 4013073 is installed on a Windows system that is running Internet Explorer 11."

The issue you are experiencing, that this thread is about, has nothing to do with forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 that are not displayed correctly.
    Therefore, I think KB4016446 is not relevant to your IE11 issue.

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I finally found out how to stop ie11 from crashing all the time. Go to advanced setting under Browsing and uncheck Enable automatic crash recovery... It seems to work for me. 5 minutes of browsing and have not crashed yet, which might be a record time for me on ie11. Edit ...... Oh well, it still crashes ..... It did work but i might have just been lucky that day..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  5. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Hmmm thanks for the tip!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.