Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have a new computer - still getting aclimated to it - running WIN 7 Home Premium and using IE9.

IE9 works fine except when I leave the computer idle for several hours with IE9 open. When I return I frequently see this message in a popup box. I'll then get another message at bottom of the screen saying there was a problem with the webpage and IE9 had to reopen it.

It's not a big deal - but I'm curious. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Not enough information for anyone to do anything but guess. Maybe if you go to your Administrative Tools (Control Panel) and open the Event Viewer and look at the Application log there might be some information, if it was logged. Is it left open to the same site when this happens? Maybe a Flash Player issue? Do you have any add-ons?

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I get this kind of messages occasionally, usually in the same pages. I think they are related to Flash. Nothing to worry about, IE recovers itselt automatically.

Edit: there is a new Flash version available, 11.3.300.265.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Thanks everyone.

I'll be following up on your suggestions - hopefully I'll stumble on the cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.