Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites Protection Partially Disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by David Ellis, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Ellis

David Ellis Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this game, and am concerned that with v3.2 loaded I keep getting up to 315 of the IE and up to 3 of the Restricted sites being disabled without my intervention. What should I do?

2. David Ellis

David Ellis Registered Member

Re: Protection Disabled

Having just submitted a thread on this subject, I find this one extant! I also have this problem, with Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites (I don't have Mozilla or Firefox). Up to 315 IE and 3 Restricted are regularly being disabled. I am on running XP, with ZoneAlarm firewall, Adaware, Spybot, Xoftspy and Spykiller. Your assistance appreciated!

Since there was more information in this post, I have split it off from the other thread (along with my reply) and merged them into this thread to keep it all together - snap

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2004
  3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Re: Protection Disabled

Hi David Ellis,

You may want to reconsider using Spykiller as it is known for many false/positives and those false/positives are there to trick you into purchasing it. Spykiller is on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites List.

Spykiller may be flagging some of the entries that SpywareBlaster has set in the registry to protect you. Have you tried enabling all Protection in SpywareBlaster, then run a scan with SpyKiller, fix what you normally would fix after scanning with it, then open SpywareBlaster and check to see if the same items are now showing up as unchecked and in red. If they are, then you know it is SpyKiller that is removing SpywareBlaster's protection.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.