Internet Explorer 9 says certificate is not trusted

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

This is some odd situation, I must say.

I've been working in a relative's computer. Windows 7 Ultimate installed fresh. I was performing a few tests to see if everything was properly configured, etc.

There's a dedicated standard user account to access the bank's website.

A few days ago everything was fine. That is, I tested the access to the bank's website using IE9 and there were no problems.

Today, when checking things, IE9 complains the bank's website certificate is not valid/trusted.

I reset all IE9 settings to their defaults, and the same still happens.

I decided to access bank's website with IE9 in the standard user account dedicated to general web browsing and it shows no problems with the certificate.

So, whatever the problem is, it's only happening in the other account. I wonder why IE started to complain about it in this account all of a sudden o_O

2. m00nbl00d

I just tried with Google Chrome in that same account, and no problems, at all.

Whatever the problem is, it's related to IE9 in that account. I'm going to repair IE9; if it solves it, fine, if it doesn't, IE goes down the toilet. :thumbd:

I can't possibly understand why all of a sudden it started to behave like that, considering that since the last time I worked on that computer and today, only AV and few other stuff updated. These are not the culprits, though. Otherwise it would happen system-wide.

Anyway... c'est la vie... for IE... :isay:

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I once had a certificate problem. The certificate worked in IE but not in FF. I solved it by copying the certificate from IE to FF.

4. m00nbl00d

I actually forgot all about that. I just copied the certicate to the problematic account/IE9 user account, and it's OK now.

Thanks for the reminder. :thumb:

5. m00nbl00d

Well... It turns out that, sometimes bad things need to happen, so that great things can happen!

Apparently, the bank's website is not fully compatible with IE9 (not even with the compatibility turned on in IE9), and it was impossible for my relative to download the account's extract PDF file. I also couldn't in mine, so not a problem with downloading PDF file. It's just with the bank's website, from all websites I tested.

I installed Google Chrome, and it was possible to download. My relative now wants to use Google Chrome! I'll make my tweaks to it, obviously. :D

6. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Check your date settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.