Internet Explorer 8 and Immunization

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Has anyone figured out a way around IE8 freezing with the "immunization" of Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster enabled?

I upgraded to IE8 yesterday on only one of my Windows XP PC's. At first IE8 seemed OK but over time it slowed down more and more until it would not even open. At first I thought that it was Sandboxie but I ran it outside of the sandbox and the problem was still there. After running across the "immunization problem" on the web, I removed the "immunization" restarted the PC and everything really got up to speed (even sandboxed). The other day someone said something about a memory build up problem with IE8 and changing some setting but I do not remember the details.

On the same PC that now has IE8 I noticed a similar problem but on a much smaller scale (I sometimes had to restart the PC to get internet access with IE7, but had on problem with Firefox.). Also, Firefox has no problem "immunized".

Any ideas?

I ran across this but have not tried it:

http://windowsfixup.com/2009/03/speeding-up-internet-explorer-8/

Thank you.

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.