Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 for Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dld, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dld

dld Registered Member

Be advised to stay away from this release. IE7 Release Candidate 1 and ATI do not get along well. Attempting a restoration from within Windows caused the computer to freeze. Even within the Linux Rescue disk I was lucky to be able to complete a restoration. The computer was sliding through steps without giving me a chance to respond. Even the Proceed step was launched without my input.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Why is it when a consumer has a problem he immediately assumes it is a system software fault that effects everybody.

I have the latest IE7 RC1 on XP Pro SP2 and ATI not only did a full image with it I have just run a restore with no problems at all.

I did the restore from within windows and then via a recovery disk, as always ATI performed as advertised :cool:

Further if using the rescue disk it is done without the OS or any other driver/software loaded therefore nothing such as a program can interfere with the process

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

anyone else having the same, as i have not went to IE 7 RC1 yet !

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I replaced IE 7 Beta 3 with RC 1 this morning. The removal and install were problem free. My scheduled backup and restore will run later today and I will post the results when ready.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

My scheduled backup ran as usual and I then ran a manual restore to my swapped main drive. Everything AOK. The IE 7 download and install created an extra three Windows restore points which I will keep for the timebeing. This extra data lenghtened the backup and restore times by a small amount but I expect these to be back to normal when I delete them in a few days time.

6. dld

dld Registered Member

I think I may have picked up a virus in the installation of IE7. Microsoft recommends you turn off your antivirus program when installing IE7 which is what I did. I know Spybot S&D\Tools\SystemStartup (Paul Collins Startup List) did identify one item as being a virus, something to do with system32.
    But I had unticked this item from both my computers. But then the virus may already have infected my system.

I realize my post was alarmist. Lesson well learned. :oops:

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I followed the Microsoft instructions about closing all programs disabling firewalls and anti-virus. Whenever I do this I always first unplug my ADSL router as a precaution......There is a lot of it about [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.