Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 for Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dld, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dld

dld Registered Member

Be advised to stay away from this release. IE7 Release Candidate 1 and ATI do not get along well. Attempting a restoration from within Windows caused the computer to freeze. Even within the Linux Rescue disk I was lucky to be able to complete a restoration. The computer was sliding through steps without giving me a chance to respond. Even the Proceed step was launched without my input.

2. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Why is it when a consumer has a problem he immediately assumes it is a system software fault that effects everybody.

I have the latest IE7 RC1 on XP Pro SP2 and ATI not only did a full image with it I have just run a restore with no problems at all.

I did the restore from within windows and then via a recovery disk, as always ATI performed as advertised :cool:

Further if using the rescue disk it is done without the OS or any other driver/software loaded therefore nothing such as a program can interfere with the process

3. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

anyone else having the same, as i have not went to IE 7 RC1 yet !

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I replaced IE 7 Beta 3 with RC 1 this morning. The removal and install were problem free. My scheduled backup and restore will run later today and I will post the results when ready.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

My scheduled backup ran as usual and I then ran a manual restore to my swapped main drive. Everything AOK. The IE 7 download and install created an extra three Windows restore points which I will keep for the timebeing. This extra data lenghtened the backup and restore times by a small amount but I expect these to be back to normal when I delete them in a few days time.

6. dld

dld Registered Member

I think I may have picked up a virus in the installation of IE7. Microsoft recommends you turn off your antivirus program when installing IE7 which is what I did. I know Spybot S&D\Tools\SystemStartup (Paul Collins Startup List) did identify one item as being a virus, something to do with system32.
    But I had unticked this item from both my computers. But then the virus may already have infected my system.

I realize my post was alarmist. Lesson well learned. :oops:

7. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I followed the Microsoft instructions about closing all programs disabling firewalls and anti-virus. Whenever I do this I always first unplug my ADSL router as a precaution......There is a lot of it about [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.