Internet Explorer 6.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Juliet, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Registered Member

I suspect there might be a problem with the subject matter and decided to try to repair it through add/remove process. The problem is that nowhere within add/remove is it mentioned. I therefore downloaded ie6 setup and tried to reinstall. After downloading and trying to execute it I rcvd the following
    A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your PC to complete that installation before running ie setup. Setup will now close.
    unquote

I restart my PC and try to execute the file once again but receive the same message as quote/unquote.
    Anyone able to advise what the possible cause could be and what can be done in order for the installation to take effect.

Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Juliet

Juliet Registered Member

Hi Ron

Tks for yr advice but what I am trying to achieve was not accomplished. It may be better if I outline what my exact problem is and why I probably think I have a problem with IE6
    I have been trying to do a security check using the following site:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/...&plfid=23&pkj=LRXELSIVFWMFKPXKBQW&scanstate=2
    unquote

The security scan has been completed but when i try to do the virus detection the following message appears:

Unable to run Virus Detection
    In order to run Virus Detection you must be using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher with ActiveX and Scripting enabled.
    unquote

I am using Win Xp Pro Sp2 IE6 with activex and scripting enabled under security settings
    I also use AVG and Zone Alarm
    Do I have to be using NAV to accomplish the use of Virus Detecion? I am at a loss as to why I receive the message quoted in my second quote above.

Your advice is appreciated as to why I am unable to achieve a virus detection

4. hi

i have this problem frequentley with IE that one of the reasions i gave up using it coz it wouldnever stay fixed

try goint to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system infomation

then click tools and select ie repair tool

if that dont work then try running the ie repair tool from the command line

for ie 4 i think you can go to add and remove windows setup and click on internet tools

failing that try http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm

5. Cursed Ghost

Cursed Ghost Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.