Internet download Manager

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by danlr, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danlr

danlr Registered Member

How do I configure Eset NOD 32 RC1 to automatically scan any files after downloading using Internet download Manager 5.11?

2. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I use IDM and NOD32 will automatically scan the files (or any files for that matter). What I did find under NOD32 2.7 is that under IMON you want IDM set to higher compatibility as opposed to higher efficiency. If you don't, the downloader will not function properly.

3. GAN

GAN Registered Member

If you are asking how to use the virus checking function of IDM then enter the name of the nod32 executable in the "Virus scanner program" field. If you installed nod32 into the default directory and using English windows it should be like this:
    C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe

In the command line parameters field you have to specify the value: [file]

If you don't specify [file] i don't think it will work. In addition to the [file] parameter you can specify any other parameter supported by nod32. To see al the optional parameters supported by nod32 open nod32 help and search for "Command line" and then select the Command line parameters" entry.

I use IDM as well and use the parameters shown below:
    [File] /ah /adware /unsafe /unwanted /heur+ /sfx+ /pack+ /arch+ /all /scroll+ /scanmem- /antistealth+ /prompt /break- /quit+

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

GAN, what you have posted is OK , but valid for v2 of ESET NOD32 . It is different in v3

5. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Oh sorry about that.....didn't see that he was using the release candidate of nod32 3.0. Unless i'm wrong ecls.exe is used for command line scanning when using nod32 3.0 and i guess the command line parameters is described in the help files as well. So using ecls.exe instead of nod32.exe and [File] as the parameter should work. Not sure what other parameters that is recommended using nod32 3.0 since i only tried it once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.