Internet Connection Wiz

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Maxwell, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwell

Maxwell Registered Member

I have a pipeline cable connection and because of that I try to deny any other types of connection for my pc, like dial-up. I'm not sure what I did (I do a lot of things!) but this is the "Error" that I'm getting:

The following error occured: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I get this "error" every time I try to connect to the internet and email. I just x it off as it makes no difference...I can still connect.

My question is: Since I don't have a regular dial-up modem, how do I get rid of this error message? I kind of like the idea that ICW can't connect. Can ya blame me?

Thanks, :rolleyes:

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It sounds as if your modem does not have the right settings or possibly it could be defective. I would try to check your modem configuration. It says a device attached to your computer isn't working so I would start there first.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If all fails you can go into device manager and right click on your dial up modem and put a check in the disable box with the modem disabled it should not try to connect and hopefully lose the error message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.